Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Starting over

 

I finally gave up on my Criss Cross bookmark over the weekend. I must have taken out the stitches on the end eight or nine times. I never did figure out what I was doing wrong. I finally snipped the threads and decided to start over.

My sister Janet loves rescuing bits and pieces that Mom and I have decided to discard. I'm not sure what she does with them, but she's welcome to all of my mistakes!

I started over using the same thread as my mistake piece, size 20 Hakelgarn, hand-dyed Buttercup from LadyShuttleMaker. I'm taking it slowly with the hope that I tat everything correctly this time around!


Last night, I sorted my jelly roll strips into eight groups of five.


The pattern that Joanne and I are following has the strips going from dark to light.


In the pattern, the fabric strips are a gradation from dark to light in shades of gray and brown.


My jelly roll doesn't have the same type of shading, so I just sorted them the way I thought they looked best.

I managed to sew together five of the eight strip sets before calling it quits for the day.

Tomorrow, I hope to finish sewing together the strip sets. Maybe I'll even start cutting them into 10" blocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just like you, I love getting feedback!