I survived my wasp sting and finger slices. Now all I have is some very small rough patches of skin, which are healing nicely thanks to some lavender salve that daughter Joanne gave me this summer. I did manage to get some crafting done, I just didn't take the time to post.
I finally finished the Curds & Whey bookmark (
Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior) that I started a couple of weeks ago. This is more of the Serafil thread that I bough a while back. I have been working slowly on Robin Perfetti's Criss Cross from
Four Dozen Tatted Bookmarks, but I don't want to post my progress and jinx myself!
I found this cute
crocheted ornament tutorial on YouTube. I wish I had used a darker green, but I am determined to use yarn that I have in my stash. I'll keep looking for a darker green.
I've been helping the new elementary school librarian get the library set up as she likes it. I made these adorable curtains for her, and we were able to hang them last week. The blue/gray wall looks very boring to me, but I know Stefani will do her best to give it more interest. I do miss the Smoky Mountains mural that some very talented teachers painted years ago in memory of one of our teachers who died from cancer. The mural and Mara's rocking chair were part of the library for many years. Both disappeared after I retired from teaching.
I have some scraps left, and I think I'll try and come up with something cute for Stefani to use in the library.
I now have four strips of my quilt sewn together. I hope to finish up the final two strips this week.
Angela came over on Saturday to help me do some organizing upstairs. The art students are definitely going to have some fun with craft items that I no longer need!
Beautiful bookmark, lovely curtains, i am sure the kids will enjoy the library, you are just the right person to sort it out and make sure tge kids enjoy using it. Look forward to seeing your quilt when finished.
ReplyDeleteI’m glad you’re over the wasp sting and cuts and back to crafting at full steam!
ReplyDelete