Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Wasp sting

What an adventure! I was stung by a wasp after I posted on Friday. I really was minding my own business, and a wasp should not have been in the house. I was sweeping the floor when I felt something on the back of my neck. I brushed it away and didn't think any more of it. I have a long handled dust pan, and when I went to empty it I grabbed a different part of the handle. Apparently, the wasp followed me and landed on the handle... right where I grabbed it!

Boy, did that hurt! I put ice on it right away, and elevated my hand. I could not believe how much my finger swelled, and when the pain of the sting eased, it itched like crazy... for two days! I tried every remedy I could find. I wasn't taking any chances!

At the same time the wasp stung me, I managed to cut my pinky finger on a rough spot on the dust pan handle. I didn't even know there was a rough spot!


Distraction is the best medicine for me, so I cranked out some more Christmas ornaments. With an injured middle finger and pinky finger on my right hand, and injured thumb on my left hand, tatting was not an option.

Oh, did I mention that I accidentally grabbed my thread snips by the sharp end and sliced my thumb? I think I was meant to take a rest from crafting.

I did manage to sew the next two strips of my quilt together. I think I'll work on sewing the two strips of two together before moving on to the last pair.

Mom keeps saying that life is an adventure, and I think she's right!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you’ve been in the wars! A wasp sting is no joke. I hope life becomes less adventurous for a while!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!