Sunday, September 23, 2018

Tatting with circles

One of the things we like to do at Tollway Tatters is share. We share ideas, and we share goodies!


Yesterday, Sue brought large sequins to share with us, as well as patterns for the two sizes.


We had a low key day as Dave was recovering from a stomach bug that laid him low for two days. So, what do you do when you have a low key day? I tat! Let's be honest, I tat almost every day, but I enjoy having an excuse.

Thanks for the beautiful circles and the patterns, Sue! These will hang on my tree this year, and I will think of my friend Sue whenever I decorate!

9 comments:

  1. Those do look like great fun, that was nice of sue😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy tatting this one. The tatting sort of spirals as you get near the end. I got to thinking about snails!

      Delete
  2. Could you use your pop top patterns on them if you wanted to? I like the idea of having a reminder of Sue on your tree. Hope Dave feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Sue's stitch count for the rings is different from what I use. Although we used the same size thread (20 Lizbeth), her design looks much finer than mine. Dave is back to normal. He took things slowly yesterday, after sleeping for two days. Rest did the trick!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful decoration for your tree! I'll make some for mine with caps Ice-Drops: I finally received all my supplies - they came bit by bit: the caps, the transparent dome, the 1" hole-puncher. and the craft paper sheets. One of them features lovely Xmas motifs, it will be perfect for that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a bit addictive! I had more supplies arrive on Saturday... P J Masks cutouts for my littlest grandchildren. P J Masks is their favorite animated show. Fun! Fun! Fun!

      Delete
  4. You did an awesome job on that circle!!!! :)
    I am glad it worked out. I think I tat too tightly so that would account for the stitch counts. I also might have messed up with typing them out. As I tell our ministry groups, I am human and I prove it every day. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!