Saturday, September 22, 2018

Tollway Tatters

We had a beautiful day for our Tollway Tatters meeting! It was sunny, and the air was crisp and cool! Not everyone was able to attend, but we had a nice sized group. I believe everyone had a wonderful time!


Carrie worked on Mary Konior flower fragments for decorating cards. She makes beautiful cards!

Carrie's daughter, Elizabeth, worked on quilling. She's quite good!


Glenda joined us from Iowa! She was working on making an Ice Drop in one pass. We managed to get through the whole process!


Elaine hadn't shuttle tatted in years. She's been needle tatting, but once she saw our Tollway Tatters shuttle, she was determined to take up shuttle tatting again. After mastering the flip, she practiced chains for a while and then attacked rings. She did a great job!


I met Kathy through a Facebook group. It turns out she only lives about ten miles from me! Kathy was excited to join a group of tatters for the day. If I remember correctly, she's working with size 70 thread.


Denise and I met Gail at Tatting Corner Tat Days this past July. When we found out she lived close by, we encouraged her to join us. We were so glad she was able to join us today! Gail was working from one of her new Japanese books, and she showed me how to use the iPad and Google translate to read the Japanese text. I'm going to have to give it a try!


Sue was working on a beautiful beaded piece. This is going to be for a raffle. The colors are gorgeous, and Sue's tatting is perfect!


Denise really wanted to tat today, but she has a deadline to meet for a church raffle. So, she spent the day crocheting a gorgeous single crochet ripple afghan.

So, what are Denise and Gail looking at? We had several ladies stop by to see what we were doing. They were so friendly and truly interested in what we were doing. They each left with an Ice Drop!


I worked on a one pass Ice Drop for a flattened bottle cap. This is what I planned on tatting today, so it worked out great that I was able to show Glenda exactly what to do!


When I got home, I hid my ends and added the ribbon. All in all, it was a wonderful tatting day!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the entertaining afternoon! It was so wonderful with the pictures and comments that I almost felt like I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I so wish I was there😃I love the pictures and sounds like a great time had by all🦋

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!