Monday, December 23, 2013

Let it snow! Day 23


I tatted another quick doodle tonight... no pattern... just mindless tatting. You see, my brain is mush...


after finally finishing Doily 4 from Tatted Fashion by Teiko Fujito. Here you see it just tossed onto my footstool. I'll block it tomorrow. Why is my brain mush? Well, with seven pattern repeats to go, I realized I'd left out a ring and a chain necessary to the design. So, I had some retro-tatting to do. After dinner tonight, I finished the last pattern repeat, only to discover that I had one pattern repeat too many! So, snip snip, re-tat, and ta-da!


Granddaughter Ella helped fill the final shuttle with thread...


and she was very pleased with the way "the big snowflake" turned out!

7 comments:

  1. I am beyond impressed. What a piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive! I always knew you'd get it done in time, yet I'm also amazed that you were able to. That last round would have turned my brain to mush, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, wonderful! Phew, well done. Especially in the light of finding mistakes and having to redo, that really takes tenacity!! Congratulations on meeting the deadline, and doing snowflakes at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a wonderful piece of tatting and it's a beautiful mat.
    Great snowflake, your combinations have been so many and beautiful
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doily is beautiful! Have enjoyed all the snowflakes. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your doodle snowflakes look like they were purposefully designed!! :)
    And that doily is stunning!!! :)
    Especially with a little angel with it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on all your snowflakes and doily. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!