Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Let it snow! Day 24


We went to my sister-in-law's for Christmas Eve, and there I tatted my 24th snowflake. This one's another doodle without the doodad, because I forgot my crochet hook!


Karen and Larry loved the doily... yea! Of course I didn't manage to snap the picture in time to show their initial surprise.


The doily looks perfect in its new home, a table crafted by Larry's grandfather over 70 years ago in Rockford, Illinois.


I'm so glad I chose this pattern for Karen and Larry. The both were in awe, and they're planning on showing pictures to Larry's mom tomorrow.


I think Larry is right... this was the best Christmas Eve we've ever spent together!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, that's just perfect! It's going to be an heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely breathtaking on the table! Well done!

    Merry Christmas, Diane! Hope to see you in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one beautiful mat and heirloom for many years to come with the photos to prove the making of it.
    Lovely snowflake. Thank you for joining in the challenge again this year.
    I wish you and your family a very happy Christmas
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect doily for the table. It's just wonderful to know it will be appreciated and cared for. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered how you were coming along with the doily, and here it is in its MAGNIFICENT glory!!! What a perfect display table for it! A joyful celebration all around! A wonderful beginning to the Holidays for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buon Natale e felice Anno nuovo!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!