Sunday, December 1, 2013

Let it snow! Day 1

Margaret asked me to join her in tatting one snowflake a day until Christmas. I do love tatting snowflakes, and I've decided to do some experimenting with the doodad snowflakes I designed last year. If you're interested in my little patterns, check out the tab at the top of the page.


This is Doodad Snowflake #1 in size 20 Lizbeth, Snow White. The pattern can be tatted without the doodad. I found my doodads at Fire Mountain Gems. The S hooks are from Wirestorm Creations.

I spent Friday cleaning up after Thanksgiving, not a big deal since everyone helped clean up after the feast!

Right now the house is in a bit if disarray because we're in the middle of decorating for Christmas. Dave tends to get carried away, especially when he knows the grandchildren will be here for Christmas! I enjoy the decorations once they're up, but I get all tense when I see boxes of decorations spread all over the house. Hopefully, Dave will get it all out of his system today! ;-)

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty photo, Diane. Warm and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on one of your snowflakes now #4 Having fun but only got 16 of the challenge done. I make them all the time too, but give them away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty snowflake! I haven't tried doodads yet. I'm with you on decorating - the process with all the boxes sitting around is PAINFUL and I'm not even a particularly neat person!

    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful snowflake! Looking forward to seeing more.

    I love the Christmas! So I feel it is worth the extra effort we all put into decorating our homes for the holidays. Can't wait to see your lovely tree and other decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful snowflake, I like this one, your snowflake which I did on day one is a firm favorite, I think this one will be joining it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute little snowflake, Diane.Here's to happy tatting ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty snowflake and the elegant hanger adds just the right finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!