Friday, January 1, 2021

January 1

We had quite a weather day here today. We started with sleet, then moved on to rain, and finally had some snow flurries. It was definitely a day to stay inside!

My first big project was to print out all of my ice drop and button ornament patterns and put them in a binder. I've been meaning to set up a binder with my patterns for quite a while, and now it is finished!

I tatted two versions of the Button Ornament Base #1 Variation from December 1, using two different sizes of picots.

I tatted three versions of the December 2 button ornament, adding extra picots to two of them. There's just enough difference to keep the pattern interesting to me.

Since I'm still in a holiday mood, I pressed some Christmas fabric today, and started to prepare some Christmas stockings. I hit a great holiday fabric sale several years ago, and my dream was to sew Christmas stockings and have a big stash of them. I have seven grandchildren, and I think it would be wonderful to have stockings for them to choose from for their spouses and children. I may even add some tatted motifs!


6 comments:

  1. I like the button ornament, has a square look. Good to have all the patterns printed and together, very organised! Love the idea of Christmas stockings for all your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of like the square look, too! as convenient as it is to have all of the patterns on my computer, I find it much easier to keep track of where I am with a paper copy!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a very productive day!!! :) Great button ornaments!!! :)
    Can't wait to see the stockings!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did seem like a productive day! The stockings are likely to happen in streaks. I need to settle on an idea I like, and then I can get started!

      Delete
  3. You’re only a step away from a book! I would buy it!!! Or an e-book but seriously!!! I would be willing to collaborate with you on the tech side this summer. You could include ice-drops. I’m sure it would be a runaway hit!
    I know your family will treasure the stockings, we certainly do ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine anyone buying a book when I've already posted all of the patterns for free in the two Facebook groups. It would be nice to have a beautiful bound copy for my own use. In order to publish, I think the patterns would need to be diagrammed the way Joelle and Robin Perfetti present their patterns. I have played with diagramming, and I'm terrible at it! I no longer have the patience to play around with computer functions. Give me my shuttles and thread! All current family members have hand-made Christmas stockings, but I really like the idea of making them for future generations!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!