Monday, March 15, 2021

Slow start to the week

I'm off to a slow start with my tatting. Dave finished revamping our clothes closet this weekend, so my Saturday and Sunday were filled with sorting, pitching, cleaning, folding... you get the picture.

I did tat a bookmark at school this morning, but this afternoon was spent with more sorting and organizing.

Remember the year I had most of the third graders tatting? Those kids are now sophomores in high school. The other day Shelby showed me a tatted bookmark she purchased at Barnes and Noble. Isn't it adorable? She said she bought it because it reminded her of learning to tat in third grade. Does anyone know where the pattern is from? If it's for sale, I would love to purchase it. I think it would be a great gift for high school book lovers!

10 comments:

  1. It's a pattern by Ninetta Caruso. It's in her Flicker Album. I have to say that it was an absolutely humbling experience to look through all Ninetta's amazing patterns to find this one.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ninettacaruso/7000704527/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicky! Now that I see Ninetta's picture, I remember the pattern. My friend Denise remembered it also. It's kind of funny... when I see Ninetta's picture I see kissing minnows. When I saw Shelby's bookmark I saw owls. I'm not sure if it was the orientation of the bookmark or the colors used. Either way, I'm thrilled that you've pointed me in the right direction!

      Delete
    2. It took me a second but I saw the owls too. Funny how perspective changes what you see.

      Delete
  2. Yes, it’s Ninettas pattern. I used it to make edgings on towels for my grandson, some time ago. Makes a good bookmark too. How wonderful that your early tatting lessons are still having an effect! Good luck with the tidying, it’ll be good when done, even if tedious in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to have tatting friends with better memories than mine! The tidying will continue all week long, but I really just want to sit and tat!

      Delete
  3. Slow start?? It's only one day into the week. ;)
    That is odd that you can buy a tatted bookmark at Barnes and Noble. It's a cute one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I guess it feels like a slow start because of doing no tatting over the weekend. I also thought it was odd that she was able to purchase a tatted bookmark at Barnes and Noble. I try to avoid going in there. It's dangerous for a book lover, especially the bargain book section!

      Delete
  4. Hurrah for you continuing to inspire those at your school(s)! I have used Ninetta's pattern for an edging on a felt ornament. It's fun to tat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now have it printed out, and I'm ready to tat! I told Shelby about my blog post and the response. She was very happy to learn the story behind her bookmark!

      Delete
  5. http://leblogdefrivole.blogspot.com/2013/05/kissing-minnows.html

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!