Monday, April 5, 2021

Bookmark binge

I did very little tatting Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Instead, I spent time cleaning, cooking, and baking. It was a nice change of pace!


By the time I stopped to fix dinner tonight, I realized I've been on a bookmark binge.


I wound the remaining Elisa thread on shuttles this morning.


In addition to these four bookmarks, I have shuttles wound for two more.

I've really enjoyed using my new shuttles. All of these are from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. The amber shuttle with the lantern was a gift from my friend Sue Anna. She's as addicted to Rita's shuttles as I am!

The bookmark pattern is Curds & Whey from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior. When I finish tatting the last two bookmarks, I'll count to see how many I was able to tat from one ball of Elisa thread. Do you have a guess as to how many bookmarks I've tatted from this ball of thread?

3 comments:

  1. 12? It’ll be interesting to see. Sounds like you deserved some tatting time after all that cleaning and cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last count I think you said you were at 14, so I am guessing around 20-25??.
    Great bookmarks and as always fabulous shuttles!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have a collection of such cute shuttles! Not sure how big the ball of thread is but i would guess you made over 30.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!