Saturday, April 24, 2021

Tollway Tatters

It's hard to believe that this is the last Saturday in April. I wasn't even thinking about it until Sue posted a reminder!

I worked on Renulek's Spring 2021 doily. I tatted until my wrist got too tired, and then I quit for the day. I'd be close to finishing this round if I hadn't had to un-tat several mistakes!

We had a very nice virtual visit, and I think it's safe to say that we are looking forward to our next Zoom meeting!

My newest shuttles from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design arrived the other day. Aren't the colors wonderful?

I needed to work on something different after nearly three hours of tatting this morning, so this afternoon I picked up my knitting. Mom has started her second Orenburg warm shawl. I'm still working on the second of four borders from my first shawl. Still, I've been inspired by Mom, and I think it will do me good to switch between tatting and knitting so that I'm working different muscles.

My friend Ines recommended The Salt Path by Raynor Winn. I started reading after dinner. Now, will I spend the evening knitting or reading? I haven't decided yet!

7 comments:

  1. April did disappear fast. Glad you had your virtual meeting. Yes, I like having different crafts on the go at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just written on Sue's blog how wonderful you all meet up, wish I could join you. The doily is looking beautiful, I also have several things on the go, its nice to have a rest from one thing and do something else in the evenings. just pinned the backing onto my crochet blanket I made in the first lockdown last year, now I just have to sew it onto the back.
    Looking forward to seeing your shawl when its finished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to join us, Margaret! The Zoom app is free, so it's just a matter of timing. I believe it would be 3 in the afternoon for you.

      Delete
  3. It must be nice to meet other tatters for a virtual meeting. Your shawl is very nice! Doing several crafts means you don't get bored :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your doily is fabulous!!! :) I just started that row and got 2 "flowers" done when I realized that I had picked up the pattern picture for rows 1 & 2 and had to cut them off and now I have to restart.
    Fabulous new shuttles!!! :)
    I was wondering about your shawl! Keep going and it will be as fabulous as your mom's!!! :)
    Have a great week!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doily is looking beautiful. Tatting shuttles are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I can't get over the sheen on those shuttles, especially the pink and purple ones. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!