Thursday, April 29, 2021

Snipping round 13

I've been working on round 13 of Renulek's Spring 2021 doily for the past few days. I didn't post my progress, because it seemed a bit boring to show pictures of just a few pattern repeats. Maybe I should have posted!

About 7:15 this morning, I "finished" round 13 and laid it out for pressing. I found a mistake, a motif joined in the wrong place. Not a problem, just a little snip, unravel, and re-tat. It wasn't difficult, but it took me about two hours.

I headed back to the steam iron a little over two hours later and found a similar mistake in another section. Sigh! I carefully snipped out the mistake, unraveled, and decided to give it a quick press before re-tatting. That's when I found another similar mistake!

The whole round looked very messy to me, so instead of fixing another mistake, I chose to snip off the whole round and start over. Maybe I'll do better starting over!

10 comments:

  1. Frustrating taking such drastic action but in the end it’s time saving, I’m sure. I’m never afraid of cutting out and starting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snipping is far less frustrating than all that un-tatting!

      Delete
  2. Ouch, such a shame you had to cut it off. But sometimes it's less tedious than fixing the mistakes one by one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only thread......sigh.

    I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, my heart sank just reading the headline! It's the right thing to do though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish I had seen all three mistakes at the same time!

      Delete
  5. Csalóka kör ez a 13 kör... Úgy tűnik mindenki tévedett, szerencsére én csak egyet,és bizony a kijavítása sok idő... elveszi az ember kedvét! Kitartás!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made and caught my mistake two times while I was tatting. I'm paying much closer attention now!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!