Thursday, April 22, 2021

Out on the town


Mom finished her Orenburg warm shawl, and she loves it! She loves it so much, she's getting ready to start another. We headed to Hobby Lobby for a skein of Sinfonia, which she will use to hold stitches on the new shawl.

After shopping at Hobby Lobby, we went to our favorite restaurant, Cozumel, and a light lunch. Our next stop was the doctor's office for a quick check-up. It's great to know that Mom is in good health!


I did get in a little tatting time today. I'm little over half way around on round 13. Yes, I am behind, but I keep telling myself it's not a race.

I also managed to bake a loaf of triple cheddar and black pepper bread for daughter Carol. I'll deliver it to her tomorrow.

It was kind of fun to be out on the town today!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, the shawl is gorgeous! The colour suits your mum so well too. You’re not far behind and as you say, there’s no obligation to keep up. I did more than my self imposed quota on round 14 yesterday, while chatting to a visitor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shawl is gorgeous! I think I should get back to working on mine!

      Delete
  2. Your mom's shawl is gorgeous and she looks fabulous in it!!! :)
    Your doily is so beautiful!!! :) You are farther than me so, yep, it's not a race!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawl is so pretty! Glad that she is healthy :) And don't worry about keeping up with the doily, you are right, there is no race. The important thing is that you enjoy making it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lavi! I am enjoying making it. There's something very special about tatting lace!

      Delete
  4. Yoour Mum looks beautiful in her shawl,
    Wow it must be nice to go out on the town, something we are still waiting to do, although our shops opened last week, I still have not ventured out only for food. A meal in a restaurant seems far away as they are still not open and may not open until mid May.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!