Monday, April 19, 2021

Tatting and reading

 

Today was a good tatting day! I was very happy to complete five button ornaments.

Mom has been busy, too. She's getting close to finishing her Orenburg warm shawl. Isn't it gorgeous?


I didn't do much tatting over the weekend. I worked on Renulek's Spring 2021 doily, but I spent most of my time reading The Castilians by V.E.H. Masters. The book was okay, but I felt like there was so much more that could be done with it. I would have liked to know more about the siege, and I would have liked to see the characters more fully developed. Still, the book did inspire me to do some research on my own. I guess that's a good thing!

7 comments:

  1. Pretty button ornaments!! :)
    Love the blue of your mom's shawl!!! :)
    Your doily is beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mum’s shawl is looking fantastic. Please give us some close ups too when she’s done. Phew, I didn’t realise it was going to be so big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I remember correctly, it's 54". Mom has already ordered a luxurious yarn to knit a second one!

      Delete
  3. More happy ornaments! If you put them in a Christmas tree, it will be very pretty.
    And wow, awesome shawl! Really big too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My supply of ornaments is growing! Mom's shawl is gorgeous and yes, it is really big!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful button ornaments,
    The shawl looks lovely

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!