Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Oops! I forgot to check!

 

I didn't think to check my tatting bag for supplies before heading off to school today. I only had one button with me, so I only tatted one button ornament.

I wasn't bored, though. I had my Kindle with me, and I started reading a sample of The Complete Dangerous Davies. I started watching The Last Detective on BritBox and decided to give the books a try. I haven't finished the sample yet, but I think I just may purchase this one so that I can finish reading it.

Yesterday was filled with test tatting. I'm not free to share what I worked on, but when the patterns are available, I'll be sure to let you know. One was a button ornament, and the other was an earring pattern. Both were very easy to follow, and I was pleased with the way they turned out.

I won't be working at school tomorrow. Mom and I are going to head to Hobby Lobby for inspiration. We'll probably grab a quick bite to eat, and then we'll head to a follow-up doctor's appointment. It will be a busy day!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your busy day tomorrow. I’ve sometimes wondered about the point of those sample book parts, but if it persuaded you to buy the book, I guess that’s it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the samples, because they give me a chance to get a sense of the author's style. If a book doesn't catch my interest in the first three chapters, I probably won't finish it.

      Delete
  2. We have an informal rule in our house: Read as many pages as you have celebrated birthdays before judging the book. The older I get the more I read.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busy but still pleasant day tomorrow. Hope the doctor has only good news for you.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!