Sunday, June 27, 2021

Family fun

Daughter Andrea came down for a visit with her daughters Lily and Ella this weekend. We hadn't seen them in nearly a year, so the time together was extra special. Daughters Alison and Carol joined us on Saturday, and even though we had rain and storms for most of the day, we all had a great time.

I did miss out on our Tollway Tatters Zoom meeting, and I missed the shuttles that Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design had for sale on Saturday. However, that's a small price to pay for a weekend of family fun!


I did manage to get some tatting in. When I was sorting through craft supplies last week, I found these two hole buttons. I couldn't believe how perfectly the colors of the button matched the thread!


I also unearthed a box filled with coin beads that I purchased a few years ago. This one also goes pretty well with the thread.


All of the girls (daughters and granddaughters) had the opportunity to choose bookmarks and necklaces from my supply of tatted items. Alison was looking for a cross bookmark, but the few I had left didn't catch her eye. She found a ball of size 40 Lizbeth #653 Antique Blue Med, so I worked on this cross for her.


There was enough of the hand-dyed thread to tat a button necklace.


My final tatting for the weekend was again in the size 40 Antique Blue Med. I needed to work with a smaller button, so it was a good thing that I also found a box of assorted buttons that I had forgotten.

Mom and I have no special plans for this week, so I'll probably do some more sorting... and tatting!


4 comments:

  1. How wonderful to see the family and gift them tatting. Matching threads to buttons etc looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't ask for a more perfect weekend, storms and all!

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! Everything looks so wonderful!!! :)
    I am so glad you had a great family time! We did miss you at Tollway Tatters, but we all have times we can't make it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!