Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Play day

Yesterday was play day. The high school drama club was finally able to perform Back to the 80s, the musical that was supposed to happen March 13, 14, and 15 of 2020. Except for one, the cast members who graduated last year were able to return for this year's performance.


Mom and I attended the noon performance, and our timing was just right for getting a picture with Carol aka Madam Director.

Dave and I attended the 7 p.m. performance, and Mom requested a picture of the cast. I was happy to oblige!

Between performances, I wound Yarnplayer's Celery on to shuttles. I have loved this color for many years, and this skein was one of Marilee's giveaways that I won a few weeks ago. I hadn't tatted a cross bookmark in a while, and I like to keep them on hand. One of my favorite patterns is Christina from Tatted Bookmarks ~ cross-shaped by Lene Bjorn. I decided to try something a little different for the top instead of the one in the pattern. I think I prefer Lene Bjorn's tassel!

I found some coconut wood linking rings on Amazon. I think they look good with the Celery thread, but I don't like the black necklace with it. So, I ordered some brown ones! They should be here in a couple of days.

It seemed silly to order just one thing from Amazon, so I also ordered natural abalone donuts. I think this one looks pretty good with the black necklace.

Oh, I didn't stop there! I also ordered smaller coconut spacer beads. I think they work pretty well!

6 comments:

  1. Glad the play was able to go ahead at last! Amazingly, my friend’s daughter is currently appearing in Back to the 80s in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is amazing! It is a fun musical, and I'm so glad the kids were able to perform!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fabulous day of "playing" and tatting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of the 3 of you! How nice that the show could go on and it looks like it was a fantastic production.
    Glad to see that you're enjoying the "Celery" thread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilee! It was a fantastic production. I am most definitely enjoying the "Celery" thread!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!