Saturday, March 19, 2022

Anastasia modified

 

I'm pleased with the way my modified version of Anastasia from Bonded with tatting - doilies by Laura Bziukiewicz turned out. 

What was my mistake? On the fourth round, every other center ring was supposed to have four picots. All of my center rings have three picots. That meant I had to adapt the fifth round or cut off the fourth. 

Normally, I would have cut off the fourth round and re-tatted it. This time, I felt challenged to see if I could make the pattern work. It took a bit of aggressive steaming to make the doily lie flat. I think this one may benefit from traditional blocking.

I love the pattern, and I love the colors I used. My shuttles are wound for another one. I want to get this one right before moving on to another!

12 comments:

  1. It does look good! 💙 Wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't explained and compared 😃😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm well on my way into the new one, which has gone well so far!

      Delete
  2. Yes, looks just like the picture. Now you know the mistake you made, you’ll be able to avoid it on the second version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're inspiring me to get this book. the adaptation looks great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your green and blue version is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricky!! I made the same error! But I cut mine to teach me a lesson....
    Looks great in those colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think about cutting, but I needed a lesson in making things work! ;-)

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!