Thursday, March 10, 2022

I've been bad...

...about blogging! I've been busy working on things. I just haven't taken the time to blog. 

I've added some new books to my library. I love books about lace, no matter what kind. I'll probably never make needle lace, but this is a beautiful book loaded with information.


If I ever do decide to tray needle lace, I think it would be wise to start with small projects, and there are some beauties in this book!


I have the material to start a mosaic crochet project, but I have several other things I need to finish first. Buying individual patterns is fine, but there's something inspiring about a variety of projects that use the same technique. There are some lovely ones in this book!

Granddaughter Kara has asked for a knit doll. Mom is working on the body. I started with the apron. We had hoped to finish it while the kids were visiting, but the yarn didn't arrive until late Monday. I guess we'll have to mail it to her when it's done!

My Equinox shawl by Lisa Overby is growing... slowly! I do like this pattern. I just haven't spent much time with it.

I ordered some of Marilee Rockley's hand-dyed thread. Her colors are always so gorgeous and hard to resist!

Daughter Joanne and her three arrived last Friday. We've really been enjoying each other's company. They'll be headed home this weekend, and the house will feel empty once again.

This weekend will be the high school performances of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, my favorite musical! Daughter Carol is exhausted, as she always is the week of the performances. Friday is opening night. Saturday will be dinner theater, and Sunday there will be a matinee. 

That's what's happening in my world! What's happening in yours?


6 comments:

  1. I did wonder if all was well, glad to hear you’re busy with family. Oh yes, I love Joseph too, great songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve got books that I collected for many years while I was working. All lace books. I bought them to explore them when I retired. Have I started on them? No. Too busy doing other things!!! I need to get a job so that I get more time - retirement means less time in a day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tons of new inspirations!!! :) Maybe those books will give some inspiration to your tatting even if you don't do the techniques of the books. ;)
    Great works in progress!! :)
    I also gave in and got some of Marilee's new threads!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have so many things going on to keep you well and truly busy 😍 Enjoy every one of them whether as visuals or as actions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the musical! Glad to see that your hand dyed thread arrived.
    Those lacemaking books have such lovely covers, they do look irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont know how you fit everything in, you have so many things going on at one time, I hope you enjoy the play, the shawl is looking lovely, I enjoy lace books hopefully one day i might just get back to my pillow lace, Not a lot going on with me at the moment just a lot of pain and doctors appointments

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!