Monday, March 28, 2022

Timber!

 

It's sad, but another tree had to come down. Our blue spruce was badly damaged when a storm took down the first maple tree we planted. The white pine behind it also looks like it needs to come down. Our front yard is looking really bad!

I have a baby shower to attend the end of May. I decided that I wasn't going to wait until the last minute this time! One of my favorite gifts is flannel baby blankets. I use one yard of fabric, trim off the selvages, round the corners, and use a wing needle in my sewing machine to make evenly spaced holes. Then, I roll the hem and do a single crochet, chain 1 edging. I love making them, and they're always well received.

Celine from Bonded with tatting - doilies by Laura Bziukiewicz is coming along nicely. Luckily, I thought to read the pattern carefully, because the rings in round 5 are NOT all the same size!

8 comments:

  1. Will you be planting more trees? That’s a great idea for the baby blankets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! Dave seems to plant at least one tree every year. We're planning on putting another blue spruce on the little hill.

      Delete
  2. Celine is looking fabulous. I like the idea of the wing needle to make the holes for your edging, very handy. What a shame about the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember how using a wing needle to make holes came about, but I've been doing it for years. It works like a charm!

      Delete
  3. your color choices on Celine are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that Handy Hands does the work for me by creating thread packs!

      Delete
  4. A lot of trees have been coming down here too, but they are mostly dead scrub pines(so I am told). ;)
    Baby blankets always come in handy!! :)
    Your doily is gorgeous!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every tree we have had to take down has been from storm damage. Of course the one tree that I felt should have come down 20 years ago is still standing! Baby blankets are my favorite gift to give. I am enjoying tatting this doily!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!