Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Mistakes

 

Don't look too closely. There are two major mistakes that I made in this pattern. First, I missed four double stitches and a picot on the first ring of the first round. Second, I missed a join on the first clover leaf of the second round. Luckily, the mistakes aren't glaringly obvious because of the multi-colored thread. I know I will have to pay much closer attention when I re-tat these patterns in a solid color! The pattern is PDF Hearts Shuttle Tatting by Halyna Tkachuk from Gail Weaver on Etsy.


One thing I really appreciate about these patterns is that they are completely different. I was expecting the same center with different edges. I think these will be okay for our February display, if Denise decides she likes them. I have a feeling, though, that she will prefer them in a solid color. I haven't decided whether to use a soft pink or red. I know Denise would like the pink. What would your choice be?

3 comments:

  1. Oops. But not visible! Good collection, seen together. They all have a good heart shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love any color, as long as it's red. :) Nice shape and proportions in this heart design.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look fantastic and only a good tatter may notice!! :) I think they will be wonderful for the display. And I think a fushia(rasp. pink) would be good. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!