Monday, September 9, 2024

Weekend work

Mom and I were busy this weekend. Mom has been making blankets on her circular knitting machine, and I have been dabbling.


Mean Green Goes Pink is at the end of October. I finished this granny throw over the weekend as my donation to the fund raiser.

Mom finished this throw, which is super soft and cuddly.

I have a lot of yarn in my stash that doesn't work well with the circular knitting machine, so I'm using this book as inspiration for using up some of my yarn.

The idea presented in the book is to crochet strips that will lie horizontally instead of vertically. The strips can be any width I choose. I'm making them 40" long. My first strip is single crochet with 21 stitches. The second strip is single crochet in back look only with 30 stitches. I plan on making strips in a variety of colors and then I will mix and match them.

Renulek's Snow Doily is coming along well. Round 4 looks complicated, but it's really very simple. I am thoroughly enjoying this pattern!

4 comments:

  1. I had to look very carefully at your mum’s blanket. That’s clever. You’ve both been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complimenti a entrambe per gli splendidi lavori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of work there!! :)
    Everything looks great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered about 4 ply yarn with a knitting machine? So it is a good thing I never bought one.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!