Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Rrrrrip!

 

I was about 3/4 of the way finished with this scarf for one of my 7th grade girls, when I decided to rip out my work. Oh, I noticed that I had made a mistake way back near the beginning. I thought no one would notice... no one but me! I just couldn't take looking at the mistake, so I ripped out about 2/3 of my work.

I had several non-knitters at school say that a 7th grader would never notice. That could be true. However, I'm hoping to encourage these girls to take up some sort of handwork... knitting, crocheting, tatting, weaving, embroidery. If I'm to make something that looks hand-crafted and beautiful, I need to put my best foot forward. I have no regrets when it comes to taking out mistakes. I want to set a good example!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! But yes, you’re right, if a mistake is bothering you, best undo.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!