Thursday, August 20, 2026

Blocks

 

Yesterday was so busy, I forgot to post on my blog! I finished sewing the last three strip sets in the morning. The next step was to cut the strips into 10" squares. After that, I layered the blocks with batting and batting so that they're all ready for quilting.

My math skills are not the best, but I knew something was off with my squares. I should have had an inch or two left after cutting each strip set into squares.

It wasn't until I was stacking the blocks in layers that I realized I had cut the squares at 10.5". I'll have to do some trimming before I start the actual quilting.

We have back-to-school meetings this morning. I should be finished around 10 a.m., but the full-time staff members will be working all day. Monday is the first day of school. We're starting about a week later than usual because of improvements being made at the elementary school over the summer. I'm really looking forward to my daily strolls around the cafeteria!

1 comment:

  1. Good thing the squares were bigger than required, not smaller!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!