Thursday, August 6, 2026

Giving up?

 


I have been working on this bookmark for over a week. I have made so many mistakes, I have lost count of them. This is at least my third time of doing something wrong at the end, and I'm seriously thinking of giving up and starting over.

There is nothing wrong with the pattern. It's "Criss Cross" from Four Dozen Tatted Bookmarks by Robin Perfetti. With each mistake I've been able to see what I've done wrong, but I keep making mistakes! I'll look at what I've done one more time before giving up, but I think this one may be snipped and thrown away!


To relieve my stress, I've been making beaded pens. These are a no brainer, perfect for when I'm frazzled.


I have enough made to pass out to staff members and high school students at the beginning of school, which starts Monday, August 24. We're getting a late start this year because of HVAC work being done at the elementary school. Some of our breaks will be shorter this year, but I think we will survive.


Daughter Carol inherited this boudoir chair from the 1940s. It needs some TLC, so she has been actively researching so that she can bring it back to its former beauty.


She found this beautiful fabric from the 1930s on Etsy. Even though the shipping from Italy was extremely expensive, the total cost was less than new fabric available in the U.S. Plus, the newer fabrics did not have either the pattern or the color scheme Carol was looking for.


She used AI to see what the chair might look like when it's finished. We took it to the upholsterer yesterday, and it could be ready as soon as three weeks. It will look perfect in her bedroom!




1 comment:

  1. It does look quite a tricky pattern. Sometimes things just don’t jell! How amazing to find 1930s fabric, perfect for the chair.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!