Saturday, May 27, 2017

The calm before the storm

I'm sitting here enjoying my morning cup of coffee, listening the the rustlings of little children. They'll be up soon, and then the storm of activity will begin!

Joanne and family arrived Thursday afternoon. I knew they were coming. I could have paced myself, but I didn't. I left everything until the last minute... laundry, grocery shopping, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, sweeping floors. Somehow, I finished everything about a half hour before they arrived.

Then the first storm hit... a storm of hugs and kisses, giggles, running around to see what had changed and what had remained the same. In seconds all of the toys were out and spread around the living room.

Friday morning started out much the same as every day... peace, quiet, checking out blogs, a morning cup of coffee. I knew I'd be gone for a short time in the morning for my annual thyroid check. I was going to a new office and wasn't sure how to get there, so I left myself plenty of time. I arrived 20 minutes early, but I didn't get taken in for my appointment until an hour after my designated time... very frustrating!

By the time I arrived home, it was time to start lunch. I had been called in to sub for the afternoon at the last minute. One of the teachers had thrown out her back and needed to go to the doctor. Since Joanne and the kids planned on a long afternoon nap, I headed in to school. Soon after I arrived home, the rain started pouring down, so we couldn't take the kids outside to run around. That's the way it goes!

So now I'm sitting and enjoying my morning cup of coffee. The storm will begin soon, and I'm looking forward to it, even though it means I won't have much time for my tatting or weaving.


I finished this band before starting my chores on Thursday.


I finished this Ice Drop after the kids went to bed last night.

I hear little voices! Time to get ready for the next round!

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy the very special time together!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun!!!! :)
    You enjoy!!
    Your band and Ice Drop look great as always!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely calm before the storm❤️🌹❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun times! 😊🌟

    ReplyDelete
  5. Family time is Priceless. Let the day begin...<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time with the grand kids is special, and I hope you enjoy their visit, now the peace will soon be back again.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!