Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

Today was Mother's Day here in the U.S.A., and it was wonderful!


Dave had to work, as this is his busy season, but he gave me a beautiful planter to celebrate the day.


There's always a ton of paperwork this time of year, and grandson Aidan chipped in by alphabetizing checks that needed to be recorded.


Granddaughter Eva gave band weaving a try, and she said it was very relaxing. She even learned to pick out mistakes! I offered to set up a loom for her to take home, but she declined. Maybe I can get her hooked this summer. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Daughters Alison and Carol prepared a fabulous meal for dinner... country ribs, roasted potatoes, asparagus, and a salad. We were all stuffed! Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture of the meal.


I finished my second band in this zig zag pattern, this time in red and black. The thread definitely makes a difference! This is in size 10 crochet cotton, where the pink and black band was in size 5 polyester crochet thread. The size of thread may have been a factor because of the length of the floats. I think I'll have to do some more experimenting to determine whether or not to use polyester thread for future projects.

Tonight I plan on making my Ice Drop for the day, and then I'll be off for a good night's sleep!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful day ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ˜„

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a wonderful Mother's Day. This band looks really good, well done to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat to have the grandchildren help!
    Wow! Eva sure has grown up since I saw her!!
    Your band looks fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!