Sunday, October 31, 2010

Shuttle swapping

For those of you who have been reading my blog, you may recall that I decided to swap some decoupaged shuttles. I received my first swap package this week from A Happy Bluebird!


Not only did I receive a beautiful shuttle, I also received some napkins for experimentation!

I discovered that decoupaging with napkins requires a much lighter hand than with scrapbooking paper. This time I decided to use Sew Mate shuttles. I also decided that some "jewels" would add just the right touch of sparkle! I found that the napkin wrinkled more readily than the scrapbooking paper, but I'm pretty pleased with the results of my first experiment with napkins.


Now, maybe I should try some fabric...

11 comments:

  1. Arrrrrrrrrrrgh! I am so envious of you! I don't have a store in my town or near by that carries shuttles nor Mod Podge! My creative mind have been spinning and spinning with ideas! I feel like an artist without canvases and paint! But those shuttles are beautiful and it is wonderful to see others have fun "blinging" their shuttles..... someday I'll order the needed items, after who knows when.. Christmas in on it's way, so I am busy making gifts for families with what I have on hand.

    Have fun creating up those shuttles!!!!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the shuttles you did a great job, really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! You are so adventurous!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. like you said, the jewels added just the right touch :) you did a great job and the colors are really pretty :) good job :)

    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - great experimenting! I think they turned out very nice. I'm assuming the SewMate shuttles are sort of a clear colored plastic - interesting how much more subtle that turns out. The jewels add a nice touch!

    Thanks for a fun swap :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I can not find the pretty napkins in my area but, I so want to try this. I will have to see what I can find next time I go to the city near us. Your shuttles are very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh, I love them!!!

    My favorite is the green!!!!! Green with envy!! LOL Just Kidding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your shuttles are wonderful. Isn't it fun to try different mediums and see the results? Happy tatting...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can picture a necklace made of shuttles.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!