Sunday, November 4, 2012

A little more pink...


I moved on to Motif #2 in Minitats by Patti Duff. I really like this shade of pink! Maybe it's because my mother had azalea bushes in the front yard when we were growing up in Philadelphia. I loved those azaleas! My husband tells me azaleas won't survive here south of Chicago. I may have to retire further east and/or south! ;-)


This is motif #2 as shown in the book. I think I should have made the first picot slightly larger, and I prefer slightly larger picots around the edges.


This is my second attempt with a doodad in the middle and a jump ring attached to one of the outer picots so that it can be worn as a pendant. I thought it was a little too loose, so I decided to add picots to the rings.


I like the look of the one without the joining picots better, but the pendant with the joining picots is much firmer.

Isn't it amazing how much can be accomplished with one more hour of sleep? 

7 comments:

  1. I like what it is you are doing here, I am looking forward to seeing each new motif you do with the little centers. I know what you mean about the sleep thing, I have had severe insomnia since I was 15, and am now 45... My doctor gave me something new almost a month ago and I am for the first time getting between 5 and 6 hours of sleep at a time. I can't believe the incredible difference it has made in my life.

    Keep tatting, I am really enjoying reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty, I like the pink too. Clever of you to put doodads in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colour, I like azaleas. They do grow well in southern UK but they don't like too much frost.
    I like your motifs, and the last one with the picots joined to me looks better and firmer. Well done on playing with the pattern,
    Hope you are getting better.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty!

    I like azaleas, too, and here in the southeast, we have plenty of them! I'll try to get some nice pictures this spring and post them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pink tatted pieces look terrific Diane, especially the one with the doodad in the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this doodad in the center!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!