Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pretty Pink!


I've been following Lelia's 25 Motif Challenge using Patti Duff's Minitats with great interest. I've tatted quite a few of the motifs from this book, but I've never looked at it as a starting place for a challenge before.

Today, I decided to see which motifs might be adapted to work with doodads. This is motif #1, and the doodad I used worked perfectly... no adaptations necessary! I did practice frontside/backside tatting on the motif with the doodad. I only messed up once, and I was able to fix it before moving on to the next ring.

When I purchased these doodads (stock #H20-9029MB) from Fire Mountain Gems, I didn't realize that there was an indentation in the center. Luckily, I had a pink crystal that fit the indentation perfectly. I just hope I used the right glue! ;-)

The thread is size 20 Lizbeth, Azalea Med. The finished size is 1 3/4". Don't you think the motif with the doodad would make a pretty pendant?

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous motifs and yes they do make lovely pendants
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple but perfect. I really like it - and that shade of pink is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tatting is beautiful and I am always amazed at how many pieces you are able to create while working full time. Pretty in Pink...and very glad you are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're feeling better!

    I do like the motif - the doodad suits it perfectly! You're absolutely right, it would make a perfect pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty :) I don't have any little motifs, so I have been following in step and tatting around buttons, I am making little snow flakes... I plan on posting as soon as I get some batteries for my camera, lol :) I love the color you did the pendants in, they are really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect crystal! I noticed that indentation and you have figured out a good use for it! That looks beautiful especially in pink.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is fabulous in pink! yes, I like the little pink crystal, too.

    What fun to see more minitats ; )

    ReplyDelete
  8. These smaller motifs are perfect for doodads, and they do indeed make great pendants! The gem is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous motifs and wonderful with the doodad for a pendant!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!