Monday, November 26, 2012

Fantastic Thanksgiving

Dave and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family! We spent Thursday with Dave's sister Karen, her husband Larry, and our daughter Carol. Friday brought Andrea and family into town, and Saturday Alison and family joined us. We ate way too much food, laughed, told stories, played games... all in all, a wonderful holiday!


I finished up the last of my skein of 4-Eva thread on this pretty little snowflake. Luckily, I received a new order of thread from Jess today with 4-Eva as part of my purchase!


Granddaughter Lily loved the snowflakes I had on hand, but had a hard time deciding which she liked best. She chose this glittery DMC thread (Classical Blends, Midnight Madness #E133), but she also loved the 4-Eva thread because of its colors, and she loved the white with lavender beads that I tatted a while back.


I wish I could capture the glittery beauty of this thread.


You might have to go look at it yourself to see if you can be inspired by it. I found mine at Hobby Lobby.

Now it's time to catch up on my blog reading!

8 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! The snowflakes are wonderful! How many have tatted now?
    I really love the 4-Eva colorway, it's so fun! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your Thanksgiving was so good. Your snowflakes are beautiful as always. The black glittery one's very pretty too!
    It's kind of funny, my father in law is Larry, my mother is Karen, I'm Carol and I have a daughter Eva. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had a good family Thanksgiving. I love the sparkly thread, makes a wonderful snowflake. I thought of you as I tatted stumpy bookmarks yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great thanksgiving, we don't have thanksgiving here in the UK
    Lovely snowflakes and gorgeous colours
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Loving the snowflakes, and the sparkly one would look fab on your Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous snowflakes!!! Love the glittery thread!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time with family and friends is very special and making memories is the best. Your tatted snowflakes are beautiful. Joyous Jingles...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful Thanksgiving indeed - isn't it fun to spend the time laughing?

    Love your snowflakes - and I DO see the glittery one! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!