Sunday, November 4, 2012

Presies in the post


Alright, maybe I have been watching a little too much Australian t.v. (McCleod's Daughters), but the title of this post seemed especially appropriate since I received this lovely parcel from Maureen in Australia. Maureen sent this as a thank you for sending her doodads. How sweet of her! I never ever expect anything in return when I share some of my stash. I just enjoy sharing! However, I was especially pleased to receive this little packet of goodies.

Do you recognize the bookmark? It's Karen Bickerton's "Rosy Ironwood." I purchased the pattern when it was first released, but I've never actually tatted it. The pattern was published as a fund raiser for flood relief. Isn't the thread gorgeous? It's hand dyed perle cotton, and the color is Delphinium... I love it! Those of you who have been reading Jon's blog, may recognize the name Norma Benporath, the author of Heritage Patterns. This is a lovely little publication, and I am pleased to own it!

Thank you very much, Maureen!


I'm finally feeling myself this morning... no fever! I think all the yuck is working its way out of my system. Yippee! Daylight Savings Time is over, so I know I had an extra hour of sleep last night. I was still up at 5:30, but that's 6:30 yesterday's time. I may even feel like cooking and eating a real meal today! ;-)

I started this snowflake on Friday. They usually take me two to two and a half hours to complete, so I had high hopes of tatting six or seven snowflakes this weekend. I can tell that's not to be! Still, I do have another red snowflake to send to Mom. This is my Doodad Snowflake #5 in size 20 Lizbeth, Victorian Red.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling better. that is a pretty bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are feeling better today, what a lovely surprise, lovely bookmark.
    Your snowflakes look gorgeous, I hope you get one or two done this weekend
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that you're feeling better. You get so many snowflakes done, all beautiful!
    Lovely gifts that you got there - that bookmark is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know all that yucky stuff is out of your system. Maybe you'll feel up to tatting today. That's nice presies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is my favorite book mark to make in august i met Karen is a great designer i love the patterns she has on esty.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!