Saturday, November 3, 2012

Margaret's Fluffy Angel


 I was thrilled when Margaret asked me to test tat her Fluffy Angel! The only perle cotton I could find was DMC No. 8 in navy blue. The pattern is very simple to follow, but I now know two things to differently next time... make much longer picots, and find a perle cotton that fluffs better! I'll do some more picot teasing to fluff this out some more, but I think the type of thread really does make a big difference.

Thanks for the opportunity, Margaret!

5 comments:

  1. Ah, yes, I made the same miscalculation. This picots have to be very L-O-N-G! I am relieved to see I was not the only one to tat them too skimpily!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a very nice angel. Margaret designed a very elegant yet simple pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for test tatting and your angel looks lovely, I think I should have put the length of the picots, see you can tell I am not good at writing out patterns, I have sent you a revised pattern and the length of the picots is on there, see I took in everything you ladies said.
    You, Fox and Wendy were the best test tatters I could possibly have had. Please enjoy the pattern and I hope your grand daughters enjoy it too.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!