Thursday, August 30, 2018

Another oops!

Daughter Joanne asked if I would tat a bookmark for her as well as one for Sophia. I love getting tatting requests from family members


Feeling confident after tatting Robin Perfetti's Five Petals Bookmark, I set out to tat another reversing the colors. As I was blocking the second bookmark, I noticed that I joined the last Star Flower motif in the wrong place. It looks a little unbalanced, but now I know to be careful of where my joins are. I guess I'll have to tat another... oh, darn!


I haven't posted the last few days, because I've been busy adjusting to my new schedule. Yesterday morning I finished Janko's afghan... three down, four to go!


I took the time to sort yarn, and came up with ideas for the next four afghans. This one is Ella's. The pattern is Lunar Crossings Rectangle Blanket from Crochet Kim. The yarn is Lion Brand Mandala, "Pixie." I had to pay attention to the set up, but now that the pattern is established, I think it's going to be fairly easy to crochet.


On the chicken front, we've had our first blue and green eggs!

16 comments:

  1. I love the eggs! (love all your work too, but it's fun seeing the eggs!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the eggs, too! They're so much more fun than run-of-the-mill white eggs, although we are getting some of those as well!

      Delete
  2. You manage to stay SO busy! Love the afghans and all the other works but I think I love the bookmarks and eggs the best!

    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping busy is my excuse for not getting housework done! My house is clean enough to be healthy, and messy enough to show that I'm happy! I'll be tatting more bookmarks. I love that I'm creating something so pretty while learning new techniques. As for the eggs... yum!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful bookmarks!!! :)
    Great afghan!! Can't wait to see the rest of them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be tatting this pattern again. I'm determined to tat one correctly!

      Delete
  4. Awww, the eggs I buy are so boring !!!
    Love the pattern for Ella's blanket.
    Your 'oops' isn't even noticeable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colorful eggs are less boring! Luckily, daughter Joanne is fine with my mistakes!

      Delete
  5. Great photo of the eggs! Went to the Web for info and am glad I don't have to remember all the different chicken types and names and reasons for the colors. I love the name 'Easter Eggers', though. Have you figured out which hens are laying the green or blue ones?

    As for the 'oops' - can't see it! One would never know from this output that you have less hobby time!
    The afghan is fabulous and I'm still amazed how those colors work out. I look forward to seeing how the new pattern will turn out - Thanks for the link. The designer has an interesting 'Terms of Use' page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know which chickens are the Easter Eggers, but I'm terrible with the breed names!

      I'm having fun with the afghans. It's been a long time since I've done so much crocheting!

      Delete
    2. ...and I agree ... the terms of use page is interesting!

      Delete
  6. I didn’t see the “oops” - but I hate it when I know I did it! Lucky you to have those wonderful fresh colorful eggs. You certainly get a lot done even with less time. I haven’t crocheted in ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, Joanne and Sophia don't care about mistakes. I would find them every single time I looked at the bookmarks! The eggs are yummy!

      Delete
  7. I didn’t know there were chickens that lay blue or green eggs. What fun. It’s annoying when you’re blocking a piece and discover a mistake, but luckily it’s not a fatal flaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kind of fun to see different colors of eggs on the counter! You're right. It's not a fatal flaw, just irritating!

      Delete
  8. I had to look for the barely noticeable mistake in the bookmark for a full minute before I saw it! Your bookmarks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!