Monday, August 13, 2018

Chicken fun


I was sitting in my chair enjoying the afternoon yesterday, when Dave called to me. I looked out the window, and there he was with a chicken on his back!


I quickly ran outside to take a closer look.


Meet Henrietta. She loves Dave! She follows him around the yard, hoping he will feed her mealworms. Do you see the chickens at the end of the porch? Dave was at the bottom of the steps, watching the chickens (they are NOT allowed on the porch) when Henrietta flew on to his shoulder. She stayed on his back until I shooed her away. Sometimes I wonder if Henrietta is really a silly goose! ;-)


How was I enjoying the afternoon? Why I was crocheting spool pin doilies for Mom!


I worked on more today. I now have 35 finished... only 15 to go!


No, I haven't given up on tatting. I just want to make sure I finish the spool pin doilies and get them off to Mom. I have a bad habit of setting things aside and forgetting them!

This afternoon I wound these adorable wooden spools with hand-dyed thread from Marilee Rockley (Beach Cafe and Garden Afternoon). I love using my little swift for holding the skeins of thread as I wind them. I found the spools on Etsy, and I think they're great!

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing all those pretty little doilies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end of the project is in sight! I hope to finish them by the weekend.

      Delete
  2. Henrietta gave me a smile. If she can’t be on the porch on her own two feet..... Thats a beautiful swift, much more interesting than my plastic and metal one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a few of the chickens have names. Henry is our rooster. Princess Birdie is the smallest. Freckles is white with speckles around her head. Henrietta was just named this past week, by Dave. The others just haven't revealed their names to us yet!

      I had seen that swift style on the Internet years ago. I thought it was pretty, but I already had one so I didn't purchase it. I later decided that it would be perfect for winding thread. Of course by then I couldn't find it! It took me a couple of years. It doesn't spin freely like my other swift does, but I do like it for winding hand-dyed thread.

      Delete
  3. I love the beautiful swift and the spools with hand dyed thread. I'. Like you about the chickens though. Poor Dave looks like Henrietta is asserting her dominance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Henrietta has beautiful white feathers! How amusing they are not allowed on the porch but Henrietta has found a way to get there!

    Your swift is a work of art! Do you know how old it is?

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!