Monday, August 20, 2018

Back to school

Yes, it's true. I headed back to school today. I'm going to work part-time this year as lunch room supervisor and library supervisor for 3.5 hours a day. It's an aide position, and I'm very happy to take on this new responsibility. I'll still be available to sub if no other subs are available.

Today was safety training, and it was very informative. I don't have to be at school tomorrow for meetings, but I will be there the rest of the week. Maybe I will get back into a productive routine!


I was pretty tired when I got home. The training was six hours. Still, I found time to tat an Ice Drop! I kind of miss tatting Ice Drops in white. I can use any color glass gem with white, and I'm more tempted to add matching beads. The shuttle is from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. I do love Rita's shuttles! This one was listed on eBay. It's impossible to pick up the true beauty of this shuttle with a camera. You'll just have to trust me... it's gorgeous!

14 comments:

  1. Great Ice Drop! :) That shuttle is gorgeous even if we can't see the full beauty!! :)
    I hope you have an awesome school year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, retirement didn’t last long! Well, I know you did a lot of subbing before, but now you’re really back in the system. Enjoy, I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will go well. I tend to lose energy in the afternoon, so maybe this will help keep me on my toes!

      Delete
  3. I like white thread with coloured gem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I did lunch room supervision for 25 of my 31 years teaching. I just don't have teaching responsibilities now... much less pressure!

      Delete
  5. Welcome back! You were missed and they are lucky to have you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a couple of people ask who would sub for them if I'm not available!

      Delete
  6. You are quite amazing :-) Tackling so many things on so many fronts !!!
    I agree about white - it brings out the colour in combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm flattered by your comments! You are the one who is truly amazing. I love the detail in all of your posts. Each one gives me plenty to think about!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!