Friday, August 17, 2018

Reading time


I admit it. I've been caught up in reading The Forgotten Seamstress. Usually I don't care for stories that jump back and forth between time periods, but this one has really caught my interest.


Walking on my porch was interesting today. Some of the chickens spent a good deal of chicken in the front yard. They are fun to watch!


This is Henry, our rooster. He's quite a handsome guy, and he really enjoys strutting around the yard and keeping the hens in line.


It took me two days to complete the next set of spool pin doilies for Mom. I do like the blue and white!


I made a little bit of progress on my hanky edging. I didn't get very far because... I kept reading my book! I think I'll do a little more reading before heading off to bed!

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, Henry! I'm in love-he's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day, I think chickens have a funny sound it makes me laugh. Love the edging you have and one day I will complete an edging I have 3 hankies I started and never finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every once in a while I will hear them get all excited. I'll look outside to see what's going on, and there is nothing obvious. Sometimes I think they just like to hear themselves cluck! I know I have some other hankies in progress, but they're someplace really safe. What's a girl to do? I had to start another!

      Delete
  3. You are busy all the way around! And the chickens add some entertainment to the day - Henry’s a beauty 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes wonder how I accomplished anything when I was working full time. You'd think with all this "free" time I'd make more progress! Yes, Henry is a beauty. Don't tell him, though. He's already quite full of himself!

      Delete
  4. Enjoying your days with reading and crocheting and tatting and watching those beautiful chickens and Henry is wonderful. Life is good. Love your Spoolies and Hanky edging...<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blue and white pin doilies.
    Beautiful hanky edging love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little doilies!! And your edging is coming along beautifully!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!