Friday, July 31, 2020

Connection trouble

I was having trouble connecting to Blogger last night and this morning. I switched to a different browser and now I can post, but everything looks different! Were changes made yesterday? I guess I have something to research today!


I love zipper pouches and I tend to collect ones I really like. You just never know when you'll find a use for them! I had bought these last year when I was teaching high schoolers how to crochet. Even though I only worked with a small group, I was prepared for more to join in!

It turns out that these zipper pouches are perfect for holding face masks! I started making some for my four daughters, Mom, and myself yesterday. I'm also going to make some for my son-in-law. I have ten masks for each of the three little grandchildren. My plan is to finish three masks each for my three older grandaughters, and for the adults.

I found some really nice elastic on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08962WGV7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It's a soft braided elastic, easy to sew, and quite stretchy. I've added pony beads to make the elastic straps adjustable, an idea I read on Sweet Red Poppy. 


I made a little more progress on my Harmony Tat-along from Tat-a-Renda. Daughter Carol came over for a short visit yesterday, and when she left I didn't feel motivated to anything. So, I just was lazy!


Mom has been busy weaving placemats and table runners. We found some packages of fabric strips that I had purchased on clearance at Hobby Lobby years ago. Mom was pretty happy to get three 12" x 15" placemats out of each package. It's fun to watch her weave. She has a technique down for weaving these beauties, and I have the benefit of learning by watching!

7 comments:

  1. I put my mask on a lanyard so it doesn't have to go into anything when I go out the door. I have a dedicated 'Covid-19' small bag (I bought it when Ruth took me to Niagara Falls) and the lanyard hangs from that. In the bag? A shopping bag and my sanitiser!!! I don't need money - haven't used cash for years and my phone goes in my pocket. I've used that since Apple Pay came into life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure the girls will need to put extra masks in their book bags. Plus, I know how kids lose things!

      Delete
  2. Awesome works and colors!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve had connection problems too, but more to do with the internet in general than blogger, I think. You’re going great guns on the masks! Good to have your mum help reduce your stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having fun using up stuff that's been here for years!

      Delete
  4. It's wonderful that you can look at your mum and at the same time you continue to learn from her. Here I've had to re-learn how to use blogger, they changed the user interface, everything looks different, fingers crossed I hope that I won't mess up my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!