Monday, July 13, 2020

Where do I begin?

I really need to get back into blogging on a more regular basis. I simply can't remember what I've done! Luckily, I usually remember to take pictures.


There's been a lot of sewing going on. I like making tissue packet covers out of leftover material. I don't know of any craft shows coming up, but that's no reason to stop creating!


Daughter Joanne and family will be arriving at the end of the week. The kids like to help Joanne and Jan cook, so I decided to make some tea towel aprons for them. I love the tutorial from Missouri Star Quilt Company.


I'm making pretty good progress with my Granny Stripe afghan. It's nearly halfway done.


As Mom and I have been sorting and organizing, I'm realizing that I have a ridiculous number of tatting shuttles. That doesn't keep me from collecting new ones, though! These beauties are from Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design.


My oldest granddaughter, Eva, starts college this fall. The school colors are navy blue and gold. She requested a new lanyard in the school colors, and Mom was eager to get back to band weaving!.


Janko, my youngest grandchild, loves dinosaurs. I found a free pattern online and made a set of them. The idea is that he will choose one and share the other two. We'll see if that happens!


I haven't accomplished much in the way of tatting lately, but I did manage to tat an Ice Drop over the weekend. This is a variation of my Doodle Ice Drop pattern.


Last week I spent one day in bed with a sinus headache. When I get a headache, I like to have a lavender pack to put on my head. It feels so good and eases the pain. I hadn't made any in quite a while, and Mom and I found the supplies for making them while sorting. I managed to make nine over the past week. These are 6" x 11" finished (I cut the fabric 7" x 12"), and they're filled with 4 cups of whole flax seed and 2 tablespoons of lavender. I store them in a ZipLock freezer bag in the freezer. They really are very soothing!


15 comments:

  1. Wow, you’ve been busy while you’ve not been blogging. Makes me tired reading about it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Jane said I just kept on reading and reading. Two things firstly how blessed are you to have MOM so close by. Secondly many of us have had a disrupted routine lately. Missing a day of blogging just tells me you were having some other fun thing to do. I have always loved reading your blog and watching for new shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bernice! I can't tell you how much I LOVE having my mom here! I feel like the luckiest girl (older but wiser) in the world!

      Delete
  3. Wow! You all have been busy!! :)
    Lots of great projects there!! Eva is heading to college???? Wow! She was a young teen when I got to meet her. I guess it's been a while!!! Congratulate her for me!!
    Those lavender packs are something I have never heard of. Richard gets sinus headaches and hates medicine. Sounds like I need to e-mail you for info finding some and how to use them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find them on Amazon, but I prefer to make my own because I can control the size and weight. I just keep them in the freezer and pull them out when I need them... super easy!

      Delete
  4. Now you realize you have a lot of shuttles?! Haha! Love those tissue covers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always great reading about your craft endeavors. Jane and you are in the Olympics of crafting - You both are always super busy, but you even wore Jane out this time! LOL! It's a joy reading about your craft adventures with your mom. What a dynamic duo!! I was also astounded to read that Eva is going off to college! When did THAT happen?!! Are those dinosaur pillows? So clever! And the lavender packs are a great idea. I think I have one but don't remember where I got it and didn't know what was in it! Even a headache doesn't slow you down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much done! Love those dinosaurs - I wouldn’t want to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kind of surprised when I looked back over the week! Every day Mom and I talk about how little we've accomplished. How silly of us!

      Delete
  7. Wow! You have been busy. Your family is going to love all of those wonderful gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!