Sunday, July 26, 2020

Hot, hot, hot!

It was really hot and humid here today, perfect weather to stay inside!


I've given away several of my lavender pillows, and a friend asked if I could make some for his wife's yoga studio. They needed to be much smaller than what I've been making, just large enough to cover the eyes. They also need to have removable cases so that they can be washed. Today I played around with ideas, and I came up with a plan that works for me. Now I just need to see if my friend and his wife like it.


I also worked on round three of the Harmony Tat-along from Tat-a-Renda. I like the two shades of green together.


I'm getting ready to test tat an Ice Drop pattern for Lynne Urwin. I hope it's cooler tomorrow so that I can concentrate!


Joanne received notification that children will have to wear face masks to school, and she asked me if I would make some for Sophia. Sophia chose the fabrics, and now that I have a design that I like working, I'm ready to get going with them. I only managed to make two today, but I have all the fabric cut, so it should be a pretty smooth process.


Mom has been busy warping her Saori loom for a new project. She took a break from warping and wound her shuttle with cotton fabric. It looks like she'll be ready to start weaving tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Phew, you get a lot done, even in hot weather! It’s nice for Sophia to be able to choose the material for her masks. I’m about to start on my next batch of 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom and I were talking about making some more adult sized masks for ourselves. We've only gone to the grocery store a few times, so the ones we have aren't worn. However, it would be nice to have some back-ups!

      Delete
  2. What are you ear things on your masks? Looks more comfortable than elastic! Wish we we tatting together today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So busy!!! Lots of fabulous projects!!! I love your doily!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!