Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Carry-along tatting

 

I did not succeed in making my Dorset button ornament yesterday. I started the morning by tearing apart my bedroom closet. I was about halfway through reorganizing it when I received a call asking me to sub. The clutter was left on the bed while I fixed a quick breakfast and lunch, and 20 minutes later I was out the door. Luckily, I had my carry-along tatting in my purse!

Subbing in art class gave me plenty of time to tat. It seemed natural for me to be working on my projects, while the kids were working on their assignments. It's been a while since I've used these wooden two-hole buttons. The gold thread I had with me seemed like the perfect accent!

6 comments:

  1. Not sure if the comment went through so I will try again. If you have the first one then don't bother posting this one too. ;)
    Great button ornaments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love those last minute ‘can you come now’ calls from the schools. Makes life so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you had your tatting packed! And those are lovely. Good combination of buttons and thread.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!