Monday, November 1, 2021

A wonderful weekend!

We had a wonderful weekend! Saturday morning I was able to attend our Tollway Tatters Zoom meeting for about an hour. Then we headed up to Elgin to see granddaughter Eva in Hello, Dolly!


Left to right: grandson Aidan, daughter Carol, daughter Alison, granddaughter Eva, me, Dave

After the matinee, we went back to Alison's house for a wonderful dinner. We were home by 9 p.m., tired but happy!


I'm almost finished with The Trouble with Tulip by Mindy Starns Clark. It's light reading, and I'm picking up some great household tips! ;-)


I finished the first of my Dorset button ornaments using my "Holly" perle cotton pack. I used a 13 mm knitting stitch marker, and the traditional 12 spokes. The outer edge has 10 tatted rings, so I decided to try another using 10 spokes instead of 12.


Oops! I grabbed a slightly larger brass ring, so I needed 11 tatted rings around the outside. I think I may give this one another try!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy day or two. My weekend was like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to be able to meet up with family, support your granddaughter and see a show, all I need one go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice that you spent some time with your family! I really like the ornaments, your work is so neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes my work looks very messy to me, but I think I did okay this time around!

      Delete
  4. It's great that you have such wonderful family time!!! :)
    Your Dorsets are fabulous!! :)
    Maybe you should post about the anniversary of the Dorset and in the Tatted Buttons group and there could be a Dorset tat-a-long. Just a suggestion. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!