Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Time flies!

Time did fly by today! I sprayed clear coat on all of the ornaments decorated by students and staff, and I worked on adding hanging cords to them. I still have quite a few that need hangers. I started hanging them on one of my trees so that I can determine how many trees I need to take with me to Christmas in the Village. It's too dark to take a picture now, but I'll try to remember to take one tomorrow.

While waiting for  the clear coat to dry (I put three layers on the front and back of each ornament), I worked on another Dorset button set. The ornament looks okay, but I didn't have enough thread to make the center as dense as I like it. I might add more to the center tomorrow.


I also worked a little on my collar. I'm feeling a little worn out from the day's activities, so I think I'll take a break tonight!

4 comments:

  1. I like the look of the centre. Phew, three coats of varnish is quite a job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I use spray on, so it's mostly about waiting for each coat to dry.

      Delete
  2. Your buttons and collar are wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you make your hanging cords?

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!