Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Box of buttons

I opened up my computer to blog last night, but I was distracted and forgot to blog! I guess I am too easily distracted.


My current inspiration for button ornaments is this box of buttons I found on Amazon. With 288 pieces, this box should keep me occupied for a while!

I started at the bottom left of the box, because that's where the beautiful blues started. I'll probably work across the rows so that I don't forget which colors I've used.

Yesterday morning I finished my Chain, Chain, Chain Cowl. The yarn is Stone Soup Worsted, color Slate, from Bare Naked Wools. Although there was a lot of plant matter that needed to be taken out of the yarn, I really enjoyed working with it. It's a blend of wool, alpaca, llama, tencel, bamboo, silk, and bison.

I finished another hat during Crochet Club yesterday. I think daughter Carol is going to claim this one. It's made out of leftover yarn from the green fingerless mitts I made for Joanne and the grey fingerless mitts I made from Carol and Rigo.

Crochet Club is going well. Avery has started a temperature blanket. Exia is working on a heart pillow. Delaney and Kennedy are working on scarves. Everyone is is practicing technique, and all seem to be having a wonderful time!

6 comments:

  1. Delicious buttons, perfect for your snowflake project. The yarn sounds very interesting, that’s a lot of different fibers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I see tons of button ornaments in your future!!! ;)
    Everything looks fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hooo, sooo much fun. Love your button stash.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!