Monday, November 20, 2023

Family fun

We had a family fun filled weekend! My sister Janet came down to visit, arriving Friday. On Saturday Mom, Janet, Dave, and I worked on cleaning the house for Thanksgiving. We finished most of what we hoped to accomplish.

Janet loves to wrap packages. I do not. So, my wonderful sister wrapped all of my Christmas presents! There are still a few that will arrive this week, so some will be wrapped by me.

Sunday morning Janet and I finished what needed to be done upstairs. Dave washed all the floors for me and washed the living room windows. We are ready to decorate for Christmas!

As a reward for all her hard work, Janet took this gnome home with her... just kidding... I would have given her the gnome of her choice whether she had helped out around the house or not!

Mom has admired this gnome ever since he was finished. She thinks he looks Irish, and now he resides in her room.

Joanne and family arrived in time for lunch. Then the real fun began.


After looking through all the finished gnomes, Kara wanted to choose her own colors. She was fascinated by my knitting machine, and she even helped crank.


Kara named her gnome Frankie, and he is well loved. Today we will make gnomes for Janko and Sophia.


Dave started a fire in the fire pit before dinner.


After dinner, we went out to the fire pit and enjoyed hot chocolate and marshmallows.


Of course several marshmallows ended up in the fire, and we had to wash off sticky fingers when we went inside. It was great fun!


It was a nice relaxing way to end the day.

I'm not sure there will be much posting this week. I think we're just going to enjoy our time together!




9 comments:

  1. Cute gnomes!
    Looks like you had a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a glimpse of family fun, sure, go ahead and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can’t imagine either you or your mom not making anything for more than a day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful, enjoy your time with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your gnomes! I'm glad you are able to spend time with the family. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic family time....priceless!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gnomes, you had a lovely time with the family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute gnomes! Looks like the family had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your writing resonates with authenticity.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!