Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Full house

We had a full house for Thanksgiving. All four of our daughters and their families were here for a total of 18.


I did make some more gnomes during the week.


I had to make sure I had plenty for everyone to take one home.


Janko wanted his gnome to look really scruffy. He didn't want his beard trimmed at all!


Sophia wanted a red and white gnome. Doesn't he look all ready for Christmas?


There were enough gnomes for everyone who wanted one. Now I need to get cranking and making gnomes for friends.


I didn't want anyone to get bored, so I had wooden ornaments and acrylic markers on hand for some coloring fun.


Creative juices were really flowing around here!


After Thanksgiving dinner, Dave went out to the fire pit with all the kids and grandkids. They spent a long time out there singing every Christmas song they could think of. It was too cold for me, so I stayed inside and relaxed. 


After everyone left, we began Christmas decorating inside. Dave did most of the work, because I caught his bug and pretty much slept the day away on Sunday.


While they were here, daughter Andrea cranked out a gnome. We meant to finish it before the family headed back to Minnesota, but we forgot. I finished him last night. To quote Andrea, "What a handsome fella!"





4 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have all the family there! And to make gnomes for all who wanted them, great fun. I hope you’re over the bug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time. I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you got some quality family time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a ton of family fun!! :)
    Oh, I am so happy to see the Christmas decorating!! ;) :D

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!