Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Focus

My focus is still on headbands. 

I'm still cranking out twisted headbands. Daughter Joanne will be taking boxed set orders through November 10, so I'm trying to keep ahead of her orders.

The high school boys prefer solid colors, so I've been working on flat ear warmers for them. They want dark colors, but they're going to have to choose from what I have available.

I've still been trying a variety of yarns. This one is Big Twist Aqua Ombre. It worked pretty well, no stickiness, but my machine was pretty loud.

This is another Big Twist yarn, Unicorn Magic. Again, it went through the machine, but it was rather noisy.


The twisted headbands are made on a 40 pin machine with 90 rows. The wide flat headbands... oops! ear warmers (the boys won't take them if I call them headbands)... are made on a 32 pin Sentro machine with 80 rows. It's amazing to me that 8 fewer pins and 10 fewer rows could make the process seem to go so much faster. The flat headbands actually take a little more time to finish than the twisted ones.

The four headbands on the right are a size experiment. There's a lady who works in the cafeteria who has three little girls. Using my 32 pin machine, I cranked out headbands with 60, 65, 70, and 80 rows. The 80 row headband is for Ashley, and her little girls will try on the other three sizes to see what fits them. Hopefully, I will have a better idea of what works best for children. 

The yarn is I Love This Yarn Winter Flowers. I've used this one before on my 40 pin Sentro machine. Yesterday, the yarn would not crank through the machine. I decided to try it with my 22 pin Addi machine, and it worked beautifully.

I have so many things I want to work on. I have some lovely new thread from Marilee Rockley and some beautiful shuttles from Rita Richmond. I have ideas for what I want to make with them, but I need to stay focused and finish these headbands!
 

3 comments:

  1. An ear warmer by any other name......You’re certainly keeping busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear! I'm sure by now you're up to your ears in headbands. Sorry about the pun. I hope you get some time away from this to get started on the tatting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! I don't think I could keep up with you!! Lots of warm ears this winter!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!