Saturday, November 4, 2023

First gnome

 

I'm still getting headband orders from daughter Joanne. 


The cutoff for her sale is November 10. 


Her current count is 57, and she asked me to make three extra in case their count was off. I have 61 made as of last night, so I'm in good shape. I'll keep cranking a skein a day with the hope that she doesn't have a sudden influx of orders the last day!


I took a break from headbands yesterday to make my very first gnome! He didn't turn out the way I imagined, but I still think he's adorable. I'm going to try a different pattern for my next gnome. I now knot that I need to use heavier weight yarn for the body, and keep the lighter weight yarns for the hat.

This gnome was a combination of two different tutorials I found on YouTube. I think I'm better off following directions as given for the first time, and then I can move on to adaptations. I may go shopping with Mom today so that I can find larger beads for the nose and large jingle bells for the hats. This gnome was made out of leftovers from headbands. I'm ready to move on to the Christmas yarn I bought just for gnomes!

4 comments:

  1. Well done for getting Joanne’s headbands done! Phew. The gnome is really cute, how amazing, not what I expected your next project to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job getting all those headbands done!! :) Nice gnome! :)
    I was at a craft show today and saw twisted headbands like yours(not the great colors you use!), and hats like the one your mom made(cranked). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the headbands and your gnome is such a handsome chap!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! And the gnome is very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!