Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Gnome sweet gnome

 


I finished the flat headbands for the high school boys and male staff members. I passed quite a few out on Monday, and I meant to pass the rest out yesterday. However, I was called in to sub in the middle school and didn't get the chance. I hope to pass the rest out today.

Christmas gnomes are on my to-do list this year, and I took a break from headbands to make my first one. I made so many mistakes, but I learned a lot about the process. The first one took me about four and half hours to make. 

My second gnome only took about an hour and a half to make. I love the way his beard turned out!

I guess I'm stuck at an hour and a half per gnome right now. I think it's because I have to keep correcting mistakes.


Some gnomes just need to look scruffy.


Others need a more groomed look.


I have plenty of supplies, so I think I'll keep on making gnomes. After all, Christmas is coming!


8 comments:

  1. I hope they’ve all got gnomes to go to, Diane!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who could resist them? Dave might have to build on a gnome room to keep them all happy!

      Delete
  2. Oh I’m sure you’ll get quicker with experience. Splendid gnomes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gnomes are very cute! Have you thought of putting a headband on one of them, sort of a mix between your latest activities?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too busy for me. ;) Lots of great work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue! Dave says I need to relax. I thought I was relaxing!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!